Thursday, May 3, 2018

Entry 10: Around the Web - A Compendium of Recipes

These last couple weeks have blown by and I have a feeling the next few will go by just as fast. I am excitedly prepping for my big cake day when I make three cakes Orleasian style. This is oddly enough, a birthday present to myself. I enjoy stressing myself out in my kitchen over perfect, little details as I cook and bake. A mage has to have hobbies, right?

Life has me moving in other directions too so I find myself unable to make time for a proper blog post. I have been working on another Dragon Age related project and I have been busy pouring over my cake recipes to make sure I have my steps in place. Honestly the pace and fervor in my kitchen when conducting a cooking or baking project can feel an awful lot like both fighting and dancing with demons. They are all there: Pride, Desire, Despair. Gluttony too. So preparation is key. That's why I always begin by arranging my ingredients on the counter.

With all the recent recipe review I thought about a great fan-made work of literature I found awhile ago on Archive of Our Own (or AO3): Thedas Cuisine: A Compendium of Dragon Age Recipes. This quick and delightful read includes tales of adventure, grandeur, passive aggression, and a little smut. It also includes a lovely foreward by Vivienne and a witty preface by Varric. The author is FenxShiral, writing as a famous chef of Thedas. The work is not complete but I hope you give it a chance because the clever storytelling and subtle character development are very enjoyable. FenxShiral also has a number of in-depth projects to peruse about Thedosian language and history.

There is a lot of Dragon Age fan-fiction out around the web so if you have recommendations or write your own, please comment below.


I am sorry this entry is short and not really focused on a specific topic. Next week's entry will be a lot more exciting.


LET THERE BE CAKE!


Like what you are reading? Great! There is more to come in the next few weeks!

Have any friendly suggestions or cool ideas? Please feel free to comment below. You can also email me at foodsofthedas@gmail.com, message me at AGSamuels on Reddit, or tweet me at Essem_Jay on Twitter.
You can also follow me on Instagram at @gourmetveganthedas.

Walk always in the Maker's light.

__

Sources:
Archive of Our Own: https://archiveofourown.org/
Archive of Our Own, Thedas Cuisine: A Compendium of Dragon Age Recipes by FenxShiral: https://archiveofourown.org/works/10619409/chapters/23487045

__

No comments:

Post a Comment